Dear Dr. Badrinath:
I currently am a Corporate Recruiter for Vanguard, one of the world’s largest investment management companies. I have been tasked with hiring 100+ recent or upcoming college graduates into one of our Client Relationship Specialist roles, an opportunity to launch an exciting career within our Retail Investor Group. I am reaching out to you in hopes of establishing a relationship and attracting talented graduates. We have found that candidates who have majored in or studied economics and/or finance have been attracted to and are subsequently successful in careers at Vanguard.
We are currently interviewing and hiring for positions starting between January 2013 and July 2013. We will consider past graduates as well as upcoming December 2012 and May 2013 graduates. I am hopeful that you can help by putting me in touch with someone to communicate our job openings to the Business, Finance and Economic students. Students may contact me directly and/or apply online.
The ideal candidate is a graduating college senior or college graduate who possesses:
· Bachelor’s degree in any major.
· Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher preferred.
· Passion for the financial services industry, markets and investing.
· Ability to learn complex materials and handle multiple priorities.
· Self-motivated for continued learning and growth.
· Willingness to acquire financial securities licensure such as FINRA Series 7 and 63 within first month of employment.
Vanguard covers all costs for the resources and tools to get prepared for the licenses.
Willingness to relocate to Scottsdale, AZ.
Vanguard Total Rewards include the following:
– Medical benefits begin on 1st day of employment
– 401K- Vanguard will match up to 4% of the annual compensation
– Retirement plan- above and beyond the base salary, Vanguard invests 10% of your salary into a pension plan
– Tuition reimbursement of $9000 per year
We look forward to working with San Diego State University in an effort to hire many of your outstanding graduates.
Please let me know the best way to proceed in communicating our career opportunities to your graduates and/or students.
PS – We will cover the costs of traveling to Phoenix, AZ for the interview process.